Friday, April 13, 2007

Doctor Speaks Out


Sandra Lee Boice, MS, PhD
With an undergraduate degree in Education, and a Masters degree and Ph.D. in Clinical Nutrition, I have enjoyed working in both private practice and as a nutritional consultant for a combined 25 years. As a graduate student at the Roger J. Williams College of Nutritional Science, Clayton University, I was very fortunate to have my doctoral research funded by the Department of Pediatric Neurology at Christ Hospital in
Oaklawn, Illinois. That was a very special time for me because the focus of my work was to establish the link between nutritional deficiencies and biochemical imbalances, and the learning and behavior problems of ADD and ADHD children. It offered me a powerful opportunity to understand the impact of our cultural habits on the body's biochemistry, an understanding that has served me well in my approach to many health problems including the growing concern for obesity in our nation.

In 2003, research was completed on the goji berry revealing its amazing nutritional density and four unique polysaccharides. When that information came across my desk, I was excited. Goji's benefits are backed up with an incredible amount of international research. The possibilities for wellness are staggering.
Nothing is more important to me than wellness results for those who entrust me with their health. Time and time again, people are telling me of the excellent results they are receiving from goji juice, especially in these areas: more energy, a stronger immune system, weight loss and loss of cravings, and much, much more.
A major focus of my career has been stabilizing blood sugar levels to avoid all kinds of culturally created health problems. Goji attacks that concern head on. I'm thrilled to watch people as their bodies respond with an increased feeling of well being and the restorative power of goji's unique polysaccharides.

Sadly, people all over the world are attempting to live on a food supply that seriously is depleted in nutrients. Health cannot be established or maintained without a proactive effort to add the nutrition that is lacking in our diet. Goji is a major asset in this battle against nutritional deficiencies. Also, its ability to store the sun's life-giving energy, measured as the Schomberg Effect, will help to restore our youthful vitality and resilience. That's why I call goji "Nature's most powerful battery". In the 25 years I've worked in the wellness industry, I've never seen greater benefits than I have with goji juice.

No comments: